Be sure to thoroughly read and understand the content of “Using this Site” before using technical information provided by our company. Judgments on the validity and applicability of technical information are to be made under the responsibility of the customer.
Features of this DC/DC Simulator
By calculating the static characteristics of DC/DC converters, this DC/DC simulator can provide design information useful for selecting ICs and peripheral components, and determining the feasibility of circuits.
This simulator possesses the following features which differentiate it from general simulators for DC/DC converters.
- Simple operation
- Since it is specialized for static characteristics, simulation results can be displayed instantly
- Calculation of junction temperature using thermal resistance
- Calculation of switching frequency under PFM operation modes
- Simulations can be performed with consideration for input resistance (battery impedance)
Example) Prediction of output current or voltage drop of step-up DC/DCs under conditions which consider battery impedance.
- Losses of each component are indicated visually, for simple selection of optimal peripheral components
Procedures for Using this DC/DC Simulator
Select product and switching frequency
Select the product to be used for the simulation.
For products which have multiple switching frequencies, select the desired switching frequency.
After the product and switching frequency have been selected, the default values corresponding to the applicable product and switching frequency will be entered automatically.
Select operating mode
Next, select the operating mode.
Enter simulation conditions
Enter the power supply specifications and constants of the peripheral components for the simulation.
When entering the conditions, refer to the data sheet and enter conditions in a range to fulfill the power supply specifications and result in the recommended constants.
If the conditions are outside of the power supply specification range or any information is entered using characters other than half-width numerals, the simulation may not operate properly.
Notes for Use
This simulator performs calculations based on DC/DC operating theories with consideration for IC characteristics such as on resistance and quiescent current, but it does not take all possible characteristics into account. It also does not consider phenomena such as abnormal output oscillation or reverse flow of coil current, so there may be some discrepancies between the simulation and actual devices. If using ICs from our company, please carry out verification and testing under actual operating conditions and application environments, and determine the validity and applicability of the information obtained from the simulation.
- Jun 13, 2019 : Version 1.00 released
- Jun 18, 2019 : Added compatible products
- - XCL205
- - XCL210F/H
- - XCL225/XCL226
- - XC9220
- - XC9263/XC9264
- - XC9267/XC9268
- - XC9273
- July 16, 2019 : Improved calculation accuracy by review current consumption formula
- August 14, 2019 : Added compatible products
- -XC9281/XC9282 4MHz product
- ・Added summary display function
- ・Changed selection method of Switching frequency/Control Method
- ・Fixed a bug that cannot be simulated under part of conditions
- November 13, 2019 : Added compatible products
- November 22, 2019 : Added compatible products
- December 9, 2019 : Corrected calculation when PFM is heavily loaded
- March 2, 2020 : Added compatible products
- May 12, 2020 : Added compatible products
- Sep 18, 2020 : Added compatible products
- Jan 14, 2021 : Added compatible products