Voltage Detectors with Delay Function and Sense Pin Isolated External Hysteresis Adjustment XC6132 / XC6133 / XC6134 Series
TOREX SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. (Tokyo Japan: President, Tomoyuki Fujisaka) has developed a lineup of voltage detectors with a delay function and sense pin isolated external hysteresis adjustment, as well as an internal 100V surge voltage protection function.
The XC6132/XC6133/XC6134 series are ultra-small, high-accuracy voltage detectors with sense pin isolation and an external delay capacitance. A CMOS process, high-accuracy reference power supply, and laser trimming technology are deployed to achieve high-accuracy and a low quiescent current.
The sense pin is isolated from the power input pin to enable monitoring of the voltage of another power supply, and the output can be held in the detect state even when the voltage of the monitored power supply drops to 0V. The sense pin is optimum for cases where you need to detect a wide range of voltages from low to high, and the detect and release voltages can be set as desired using an external resistance. An internal delay circuit is provided, and by connecting a capacitor to the Cd/MRB pin, any release delay or detect delay can be set. This pin can also be used as a manual reset pin.
The XC6132/XC6134 series includes a hysteresis external adjustment pin that allows the hysteresis to be adjusted as desired with a single resistor. These ICs are ideal as voltage detectors for voltage monitoring of car batteries during cranking and power supplies with large voltage fluctuations such as electrical double layer. The XC6132 series also has an internal voltage protection circuit that protects the IC even when over-voltage is applied to the input.
XC6132/XC6133/XC6134 Series Features
- VSEN pin is isolated, and any high voltage can be detected by resistance division
- Detect delay / release delay settings (5 time ratio patterns); output logic is selectable (H level or L level when detection occurs)
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +125°C, ideal for car accessories and industrial equipment
- The hysteresis width can be adjusted as desired using one resistor connected to the hysteresis adjustment pin 【XC6132/XC6134】
- Surge voltage protection function: Even if a 100V load dump surge is input, the voltage will be clamped by the internal protective element connected to the VSEN pin to protect the IC.
The allowable current to the internal protective element is +2.5mA (≦200ms), -2.5mA (≦20ms) 【XC6132】
Torex Semiconductor Ltd. is a leading provider of CMOS power management ICs targeted toward battery powered and energy efficient applications. Torex specializes in CMOS analog technology, with LDO voltage regulators, voltage detectors and DC/DC converters making up our core product offering.