Ultra-small package(1.8×2.0×h0.6mm) Small and fast 2A multifunction LDO regulators with adjustable output contribute to circuit-saving design
Torex Semiconductor Ltd. (Tokyo Japan: President, Koji Shibamiya, 6616: 2nd section at Tokyo Stock Exchange) has launched the XC6230 series of 2A high-speed multifunction LDO regulators with adjustable output.
The XC6230 series are small and fast multifunction LDO regulators with a maximum output current of 2A and an adjustable output voltage and current limit value. An internal 0.17Ω low ON resistance P-ch Tr. and a stable output voltage with small dropout voltage make these products ideal for post regulators (DC/DC rear-stage ripple removal), various types of microcontrollers, regulators for logic applications, and secondary power supplies. The XC6230 series can also be used in consumer electronics, industrial equipment, communication modules, and electricity smart meters.
In addition to a function that enables the output voltage and current limit value to be set externally and a function that prevents a reverse current higher than the input pin (VIN) from flowing into the output pin (VOUT), a rich variety of protective circuits such as overheating protection (TSD) and startup rush current prevention can be added. The small USP-6C package (1.8 x 2.0 x h0.6mm) or SOP-8FD package (currently under development) can be selected as appropriate for the application.
The output voltage and over-current limit value can be set using a total of only five chip capacitors and chip resistors, and as such these products make a significant contribution to space-saving design even while being multi-functional. Another advantage of multi-functionality is the ability to set the customer's desired output voltage and current limit value with only a single XC6230 series IC even when the power supply specifications vary by model. This enables standardization of the IC and contributes to a reduction of cost and man-hours for design.
In the future Torex will continue to employ its expertise in small-size and low-power consumption ICs to swiftly develop products that meet market needs and contribute to a richer and more abundant society.
XC6230 Series Features
- Multifunction LDO regulator
- Select from the small USP-6C(1.8 x 2.0 x h0.6mm) or SOP-8FD*Under development (6.0 x 4.9 x h1.55mm) package
- Output voltage and current limit value are adjustable
- Maximum guaranteed output current: 2.0 A (internal current limit setting value 2.5A typ)
- Current limit setting range 0.3A to 2.5A (we recommend setting this so that the set maximum output current is 80% of the current limit value)
- Dropout voltage：0.17V (IOUT=1.0A/VOUT_SET=3.3V)
- Operating voltage range 1.7V to 6.0V
- Output voltage accuracy：1.2V±1.0%
- Output voltage setting range:1.2V to 5.0V
- Quiescent current：45μA
- Ambient operating temperature：-40°C to +105°C
- Optional functions : Reverse currentprevention, rush currentprevention, variable output voltage, variable limitcurrent, high-speed CL discharge
- Protective functions: Overheating protection, over-current protection, short-circuit protection
Typical application circuit
Torex Semiconductor Ltd. is a leading provider of CMOS power management ICs targeted toward battery powered and energy efficient applications. Torex specializes in CMOS analog technology, with LDO voltage regulators, voltage detectors and DC/DC converters making up our core product offering.