Torex introduces first three AEC-Q100 products for Automotive Applications
Torex Semiconductor Ltd. (Tokyo Japan: President, Koji Shibamiya, 6616: 2nd section at Tokyo Stock Exchange) has launched its first AEC-Q100 qualified XD products (two DC/DC converters and one voltage detector) for automotive applications.
Torex opened a new Technology Center in the Kansai area of Japan in May this year to develop products for the automotive market, with a particular focus on the development of high-performance analog power supply ICs for infotainment, telematics, automotive cameras, sensors, and body-related equipment. These three new products are the first to be released as a result of the development work done by the new team in Kansai and are outlined in more detail below.
XD9260/XD9261 Series AEC-Q100 Grade 2
The XD9260/XD9261 series is a high speed transient response 1.5A synchronous step-down DC/DC converter. The extremely fast load transient performance is as a result of a new High Speed Circuit Architecture for Transient with Constant On Time (Hi-SAT COT) control method, which, when compared to standard Constant On Time (COT) control, provides less fluctuation in oscillation frequency against load and input voltage.
The unique Hi-SAT COT architecture enables ultra-fast transient response, low ripple and high efficiency while using small external components that optimise PCB mounting area for space saving. Hi-SAT COT is able to dynamically adjust the on-time duration based on the input voltage, output voltage, and load current so that it can achieve relative constant frequency operation. Constant switching frequency minimizes the EMI interference at some sensitive bands of certain frequencies in the system.
The XD9260/XD9261 is available in the small USP-6C package and with the 3.0MHz switching frequency a 1.0μH Inductor can be used for applications that require a small form factor.
【XD9260/XD9261 Series Features】
- AEC-Q100 Grade 2
- Employs high-speed transient response HiSAT-COT control
- Low supply current 15μA (fOSC=1.2MHz)
- Switching frequency: You can select either 1.2 MHz or 3.0 MHz.
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to +105 °C
- Ceramic capacitor 1005 size supported
- Equipped with soft-start (0.3 ms TYP.) and under-voltage lockout function (UVLO)
XD9260/XD9261 Series Small Package: USP-6C (1.8 x 2.0 x h0.6mm)
XD9242/XD9243 Series AEC-Q100 Grade 3
The XD9242/XD9243 series is a synchronous PWM step-down DC/DC converter with an integral 0.11Ω (TYP.) P-channel and a synchronous 0.12Ω (TYP.) N-channel switching transistor built-in. Output currents of up to 2A can be achieved using a simple circuit. The XD9242/XD9243 operates with input voltages ranging between 2.7V and 6.0V, and its output voltage can be set between 0.9V and VIN by using two external resistors. With switching frequencies of 1.2MHz or 2.4MHz, small inductors can be used, making the series ideally suited to applications where height and PCB area is limited.
The XD9242/XD9243 series features various protection circuits, such as a thermal shutdown circuit that stops operation when the chip’s temperature reaches 150°C and a UVLO (Under Voltage Lock Out) circuit that does the same when the input voltage decreases below 2.5V. Both of the above functions are implemented using hysteresis, and will allow the XC9242 to resume normal operation when the chip’s temperature drops below 130°C and when the input voltage increases to 2.68V respectively.
The XD9242/XD9243 in available in our SOP-8FD package which is designed to maximise the package power dissipation. The SOP-8FD integrates a large GND tab underneath the package which can be directly bonded to the PCB to improve the thermal performance.
【XD9242/XD9243 Series Features】
- AEC-Q100 Grade 3
- Offers high-efficiency, stable drive up to output current 2A
- High-efficiency 95% TYP. (fOSC=1.2 Hz, VIN=5.0V, VOUT=3.3V)
- Operating voltage range is 2.7V to 6.0V
- Internal reference voltage 0.8 V ±2.0%; output voltage can be set as desired beginning from 0.9V by externally mounted resistor.
- Selection of either 1.2MHz (±15%) or 2.4MHz (±15%) as switching frequency
- Equipped with soft-start (1ms TYP.), CL discharge function and under-voltage lockout function (UVLO)
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
XD9242/XD9243 Series Small Package: USP-10B (2.6 x 2.9 x h0.6mm)
XD6130/XD6131 Series AEC-Q100 Grade 1
The XD6130/XD6131 series are voltage detectors with watchdog function. The watchdog timeout time and release delay time can be set as desired using a single external capacitor. These voltage detectors are used for microprocessor monitoring and when the power voltage reaches the detect voltage, or a Low to High pulse is not input to the watchdog pin within the watchdog timeout time, an L level signal is output from the RESETB pin.
Available in a small SOT26 package, the XD6130 includes Manual RESET function, whereas the XD6131 allows the user to turn off the Watch Dog Timer via the EN pin. With an operating temperature range of -40 to +125°C and AEC-Q100 Grade 1 rating, these IC are ideally suited for automotive ECU applications.
【XD6130/XD6131 Series Features】
- AEC-Q100 Grade 1
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +125°C
- You can set watchdog time out time and release delay time as desired using a single externally mounted capacitor.
- Detection voltage temperature characteristics: ± 50ppm/°C
- You can select the manual reset function (XD6130 Series) or watchdog ON/OFF function (XD6131 Series) according to application
- Low supply current 8.1μA (detection) / 2.5μA (watchdog function OFF)
XD6130/XD6131 Series SOT-26 (2.8 x 2.9 x h1.3mm)